Cable is a general term for optical cable. There are many uses for cables, mainly for controlling the multiple functions of installation, connecting equipment, and transmitting electricity. It is a common and indispensable thing in daily life.
1. The electrical resistance of aluminum cable is about 1.68 times higher than that of copper cable.
2. Good ductility: The elongation of the copper alloy is 20~40%, the elongation of copper for electricians is above 30%, and the aluminum alloy is only 18%.
3. High strength: Allowable stress at room temperature, copper is 7~28% higher than aluminum. Especially the stress at high temperature, the difference between the two is far.
4. Repeated bending of aluminum is easy to break, copper is not easy. In terms of elasticity, copper is about 1.7 to 1.8 times higher than aluminum.
5. Good stability, corrosion resistance: The copper core is resistant to oxidation and corrosion, and the aluminum core is susceptible to oxidation and corrosion.
6. Large current carrying capacity: Due to the low resistivity, the copper core cable of the same cross-section is about 30% higher than the allowable current carrying capacity (the maximum current that can be passed) of the aluminum core cable.
7. Low loss: Due to the low resistivity of the copper core cable, the same current flows in the same cross-section. The copper core cable has a small voltage drop. The same transmission distance can guarantee higher voltage quality; under the allowable voltage drop condition, the copper core cable can reach a long distance, that is, the power supply coverage area is large, which is conducive to network planning and reducing the number of power supply points.
8. The low temperature when heating: At the same current, the copper cable of the same cross-section has a much lower heat generation than the aluminum core cable, making the operation safer.
9. Low energy consumption: Due to the low resistivity of copper, it is obvious that the power loss of copper cable is low compared to aluminum cable. This is conducive to improving power generation efficiency and protecting the environment.
10. Anti-oxidation, corrosion resistance: The connector of the copper core cable has stable performance and will not cause accidents due to oxidation. When the joint of the aluminum core cable is unstable, the contact resistance is increased due to oxidation, and an accident occurs due to heat generation. Therefore, the accident rate is much larger than that of copper cable.
11. Convenient construction: The copper core is flexible and the allowable bending radius is small, so it is easy to turn and cross the pipe easily;
Copper core repeated bending is not easy to break, so wiring is convenient.
The copper core has the high mechanical strength and can withstand large mechanical tension, which brings great convenience to construction and creates conditions for mechanized construction.