The time of service life of electric cable depends on the quality of the cable and the environment in which the cable is installed.
1. The cable should not be damp, subject to heat, corroded or bruised.
2. After the cable has been used for a specified period of time, it should be inspected regularly. If it is found to be damaged, it should be replaced in time.
3. Do not overload the cables.
4. Often check the use of electrical cable in the home, and timely maintenance and overhaul.
5. For the cable of old-fashioned buildings, it is found that it is submerged or wetted by water, especially if the cable is aged and disrepair, it should be immediately repaired by an electrician.
6. For cables that are easily immersed in floods, electricians should be asked to move the cables and take elevated and moisture-proof measures.
7. If there is a power outage on a rainy day, the power should be cut off immediately. Ask for the electrician to check the cause and send someone to take care of it.