1. The laying of the drag chain cable should not be distorted which means the cable should not be unwound from one end of the cable reel. Instead, the cable should be unrolled by rotating the reel, and if necessary, the cable can be unfolded or suspended. Cables used in this case can only be taken directly from the cable roll.
2. It must be paid attention to the minimum bending radius of the cable, the installation radius should not be less than 6 times the diameter of the cable.
3. The cables must be loosely laid side by side in the drag chain and arranged as far apart as possible, separated by spacers or inserted into the separation holes of the brackets. The gap between the cables in the drag chain should be at least 10% of the cable diameter.
4. The drag chain cables must not touch or be trapped together.
5. Both points of the cable must be fixed, or at least must be fixed at the moving end of the chain. Generally, the moving point of the cable should be 20-30 times the diameter of the cable from the end of the chain.
6. Make sure that the cable moves completely within the bend radius which means it cannot be forced to move. Thus the cables can be moved relative to one another or to the guiding device. After a period of operation, it's better to check the location of the cable. The checking step must be made after the push-pull movement.
7. If the drag chain is broken, its cable also needs to be replaced, as damage caused by excessive stretching cannot be avoided.