Cat6 of cabling system can provide 2.5 times higher than the cat5e high-speed bandwidth in the transmission rate, which is higher than the 300% ACR value of the cat5e at 100 MHz. In terms of construction and installation, the cat 6 is much more difficult than the cat5e.
Category 6 cable features：
1, Tensions of cable
Do not exceed the specified cable tension. Tension is too large to make the cable in the cable twisted from the pitch deformation, seriously affect the cable's ability to suppress noise, as well as seriously affect the cable's structural return loss, which will change the cable's impedance and damage the overall return loss performance.
2, The cable bending radius
Avoid excessive bending of the cable, which will change the twist lay of the cable center pair. If you bend excessively, the wire pairs may spread out, resulting in impedance mismatch and unacceptable return loss performance. In addition, the position between the four pairs of twisting distances inside the cable will change, and this will lead to noise suppression problems.
3, Cable knot
When pulling the cable from the reel, be aware that the cable may knot at times. If the cable is knotted, the cable should be considered damaged and the cable should be replaced. Installation pressure will cause the installer to straighten the cable tie. However, the damage has occurred and will be detected during cable testing.
4, Cable weight
The weight of Category 6 cables is about twice that of Category 5 cables. The weight of one meter long 24 pcs Category 6 cables is close to 1.0 kilograms, while the weight of the same number of Cat 5 or Cat 5e cables is only 0.6 kilograms. When using suspension cables to support cables, the cable weight must be taken into account. It is recommended that each suspension line support point supports up to 24 cables per bundle.
5, The cable sheath peeling
At the cable termination point, the exposed pair of wires from the jacket to the data center after termination must be kept to a minimum. For cables that do not need to be stripped, the wires can be connected directly to the data center. Stripping the sheath too large will damage the NEXT and FEXT performance of the Category 6 cabling system.
Construction notices of Cat6:
1. Since the outer diameter of the Category 6 cable is larger than the average Category 5 cable, in order to avoid the winding of the cable, the filling degree of the pipe diameter must be paid attention to when laying the pipeline. Generally, the inner diameter of the 20 mm line pipe is used to put two types of Category 6 cable. It is appropriate.
2. Strictly abide by the construction specifications of the trunking and ensure a suitable cable bending radius.
3. During the pay-off process, attention is paid to the control of the pull force. For a cable with a reel package, the reel should be put on a self-made pull rod. The pay-off end should be pre-drawn from the reel box to provide a part of the cable in the pipeline. Withdrawing one end, the pre-pulled line should not be too much, to avoid multiple lines tangled around on the field.
4. After the cable pulling process is finished, the redundant cables at both ends must be arranged and protected. When the cable is reeled, it must follow the original rotation direction. The coil diameter should not be too small. Use a line card to fix the cable slot, ceiling or inside the carton. Make annotations.
5. When sorting, lashing, or placing cables, do not use redundant cables. Do not allow the cables to superimpose on the cables. The coils must be consolidated and the fixed cable tie must not be over tightened.
6. During the entire construction period, the construction shall be organized in strict accordance with the construction process flow. Each type of work shall be organized according to the construction plan and the construction network plan. The construction tasks of this type of work shall be completed before the start of other follow-up work types.